Wednesday, October 17, 2007

On with the Mod

I've posted some more images on my main site from Monday evening's Award Winners Concert at the Nevis Centre,

*












and from a Ceol Sraide (Street Music) session on the Parade in Fort William on Tuesday afternoon













Click on either image above to view relevant image gallery.

This has been Ruth's and my first experience of having the Mod in town, and it's been a welcome enhancement of the town's off-season entertainment. There are good exhibitions at the West Highland Museum and the Lochaber Rural Complex, as well as the music and dance stuff.
The Mod has a website at
www.lochabermod2007.co.uk, but sadly Tiscali seems to have nobbled it, this of all weeks! (But try the link, it may yet come back up)


* This picture is one of a collection I'm building of digital photographers at work. I'll be putting a gallery of them on lochaberphoto.co.uk sometime soon. It's also a victim of an abuse of Photoshop CS3 HDR technology. I took 2 shots of this guy at work, but neither was exposed quite right to capture the dynamic range from shadows - where the photographer stood - to well-lit stage - where the performers were. And I'd re-composed the shot between exposures, so this was the first time I'd really tested the "Align Layers by Content" feature in CS3's "Merge to HDR". The results were interesting, especially as HDR is supposed to need at least 3 image files to work on. After running the HDR merge and getting something quite nice from the Local Adaptation dialogue, I wrangled the perspective in PS too, added a little Clone Stamp-work, and here it is... Not the sort of stuff I'd regularly do in PS, but once in a while it can be fun, and the dynamic range is improved (if nothing else)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great work.